First Customer

‘Shine my boots, slave!’

‘Yes, customer-mistress Ms Karen Madam. At once, customer-mistress Ms Karen Madam.’

My first customer of the day is a familiar pair of boots – the smart, black leather ankleboots of local businesswoman-mistress Ms Karen Madam. As I lickshine the exterior of her right boot I notice, high above my humble head, and thanks to a kink in her smart, grey, business suit trouser-hem, the white, elasticated top of an otherwise black cotton bootsock.

It is a magnificent sock, and I am sorely tempted to tell Ms Karen madam so, except that I know her, and taciturn Ms Karen is not the sort of customer-mistress with whom it is wise to initiate a conversation about her socks. She might take it the wrong way – especially when, as now, she appears to be in a sullen mood. And so I bite my tongue, and refrain from telling her that her black and white socks are my life, and that I shall be thinking about them on her feet inside her boots for the rest of the day!

I’m not exaggerating when I say (or rather think) that. No matter how many nice pairs of socks I may see today as I go about my humble, daily business of lickshining the public’s footwear, Ms Karen’s classy black and white cotton bootsocks shall linger on my menial mind as they are the socks of a businesswoman-goddess who is so high above me on the Gynarchy social scale that she can’t even bring herself to speak to me – other than to dismissively snap down her female command at me to ‘shine her boots’.

And rightly so.













Popular posts from this blog

Faced With An Array of Socks

Her Every Right

Very Humiliating!