Taking My Mind Off The Cold

It’s a bitterly cold winter’s evening in the stocks, and sweet and kind regular visitor to prisoners like me held in the stocks, Ms Fiona madam, who is herself well wrapped up against the cold, has come to offer me some kind advice as to how I may best keep warm. She counsels me to study her thick, black sock on her right foot, and suggests that if I then subsequently try to focus my thoughts on her sock after she has gone back to the warmth of her nearby apartment, and think about how warm and cosy her foot must be inside that thick, black woollen sock, perhaps that will help to take my menial mind off the cold?

I am ever so grateful to Ms Fiona madam for her words of female wisdom and humbly decide to follow her advice. I duly study her sock in great detail whilst it is in front of me, and then think about it after she has gone.

I’m afraid to say, it doesn’t work! I still felt the bitter north-easterly wind for the rest of that evening and into morning. But at least I had some happy memories of Ms Fiona’s wonderful sock. It really was very kind of her to venture out in such inclement weather in order to show me it!














Popular posts from this blog

Roman Villa Footslave

Socks Massager

A Footslave's Reflections