A Kindly Sole on National 'Sock Show' Day

It’s national Sock-Show day but, sadly for me, all of my regular customers are, it would seem, too busy to stop by and show me – their loyal, local head-in-the-wall public footservant – their socks!

I fully understand, of course – they must have much better things to do with their time!

However, there is one young woman – a stranger - who kindly enters into the spirit of the day by slipping off one of her shoes and showing me the sole area of her pinky-purple sock! This is such an honour for a public footslave like me, for normally this part of a customer’s sock would be invisible to me, being deep inside her shoe!  So I waste no time in studying the weave of her sock, and I am particularly impressed by the way the lines of stitching in the two sides of the sock come together in perfectly formed V-shapes. I also like the way the sock is stretched over the ball of her pretty heel. It is truly a magnificent sight!

Unfortunately, this particular young woman seems to interpret ‘sock show´ day quite literally, as she does not move closer in order to permit me to nose her sock (run my nose down the length of those v-shaped lines of stitching on the sole) or even just to sniff it! But, as she slips her flat, canvas shoe back on and walks away from me she has every right to look pleased with herself. For she has just bestowed the inestimable honour of the sight of her pink sock-sole on a lowly and undeserving, head-in-the-wall, public footslave. Not all free persons would be so kind – even on national Sock-Show day.

She has certainly made myday as the sight of her exposed sock-sole shall linger long in my memory, even if I never get to see her again! God bless you, kind mistress pink socks!














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glass Floor Cinema Footslave (ii)