Portable Stocks

It is, of course, humiliating to be confined in the public kneeling stocks in the town square, and to be obliged to kiss and admire the feet of free passers-by. But surely it is even more humiliating to have to wear a set of ‘portable’ stocks in the form of a heavy cangue collar around one’s scrawny neck – and especially when that cangue has been adapted to make it easier for one’s betters to place their foot up to one’s face for respectful kissing!

Note too the interchangeable words adorning my neck collar – words which, for the moment, express how my masters feel about me, and which sum up my pitiful existence for all to mock.

What additional words, if any, would you add to my heavy cangue?
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Their Beck And Call

Morning, Noon and Night

Drain Slave No. 1 - Student Sandals