It’s still dark when I am awakened by a sharp kick to the
face by an early-morning, manly jogger:
‘Wake up, lazy slave, and kiss my feet!’
As I get my bearings, and remember the horror of my position
of permanent public servitude, I apologise most profusely to the master-sir:
‘Oh pray, master sir. Pray forgive me, master sir. I apologise
for my slothfulness sir. I kiss your feet, master sir.’
A public footslave like me must always apologise for
having been asleep, since, by Law, he is on duty 24 hours a day!
 |
| I am sound asleep as the early-morning, jogging master-sir approaches |
 |
| ‘Wake up, lazy slave, and kiss my feet!’ |
 |
| ‘Oh pray, master sir. Pray forgive me, master sir. I apologise for my slothfulness sir. I kiss your feet, master sir.’ |
 |
| The master-sir most kindly, and forgivingly, stretches forth his right sneakered foot onto my menial mouth |
 |
| My first taste of SHOE and my first sight of SOCK on this new day! |
 |
| Oh how humbling! Oh how humiliating, that it should be a man's SHOE and SOCK! |
 |
| Though he is, of course, a much better man than me, being a free man! |
 |
| I can just make out, through my bleary eyes and in the darkness, the lines of STITCHING in the master's BLACK SOCK! |
 |
| Again, how utterly humiliating for me! |
 |
| The master-sir enjoys the taste of his refreshing bottled water whilst I taste the familiar bitterness of running-shoe leather! |
 |
| But this is my job, and I have been slothful about it. I fully deserved that KICK to the face! |
 |
| I continue to kiss-respect the master's SHOE - the first of many SHOES that I shall be kissing today, no doubt! |
Comments
Post a Comment
Please note all comments are subject to moderation by the blog author prior to publication